SA Popular Way to Explore Turneffe Atoll
Snorkeling in Belize is fantastic!
In fact, with unlimited access to the world’s second largest barrier reef only a few dozen yards from our resort’s pier, shallow reefs, high underwater visibility, and stunning underwater panoramas with some of the most diverse aquatic life in the world, snorkeling may be our resort’s single most popular activity.
Your Snorkeling Vacation Package Includes:
- Accommodations: air conditioned, oceanfront cabanas at Blackbird Caye Resort in Belize (price varies depending on the room type selected)
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily
- Belize Snorkeling: 2 boat trips per day, except for arrival & departure days
- Airport Transfers: round trip ground & boat transfers between the resort & the airport in Belize City on Wednesdays & Saturdays (for travel on other days, a surcharge applies)
- Kayaking: free use of the resort’s kayaks
What to Expect
Turneffe Atoll is the largest and most biologically diverse of the four atolls found in the Caribbean and offers some of the best snorkeling in the world. The clear, shallow reefs around Blackbird Caye Resort provide easy access for snorkeling and are an excellent environment for beginners.
Here’s what you can expect from this all inclusive Belize Snorkeling Vacation Package:
- 2 Snorkeling Trips per Day: you’ll go on two guided snorkeling boat trips per day – one in the morning, leaving at 9:30 a.m., and one in the afternoon, leaving at 2:30 p.m. These excursions will be led by our resort’s experienced and qualified snorkeling staff.
- 1 Hour per Snorkel: each snorkeling trip will be approximately 60 minutes. We’ll return to the resort in between morning and afternoon snorkels for a break and some lunch.
Snorkel Sites: snorkeling is done as long as the weather permits, and some of the popular Belize snorkeling spots you will visit by boat include:
- Soldier Caye
- Fisherman’s Cut
- The Forrest
- Coral Canyons
- The Aquarium
- Starfish Special
- …and much more!
- Sea Life: one of the world’s largest populations of manatees resides in this region…not to mention a rich tapestry of vivid corals, mangrove forests, and coastal wetlands. Snapper, angelfish, parrotfish, rays, and endless varieties of coral are just some of the aquatic wildlife you can expect to see.
- Equipment Rentals: snorkeling equipment is not included in the package price but can be rented at our resort’s Dive Center for an extra cost if you don’t wish to bring your own.
- Safety First, Always: we only allow supervised snorkeling at the resort. Because Turneffe Atoll is the largest Atoll in Belize, those who don’t know how to navigate it run the risk of putting themselves and others in danger. For example:
- Belize’s largest American saltwater crocodile population lives on the Atoll
- Inexperienced snorkelers can damage the coral without realizing it
- Sudden changes in the ocean’s depth can cause a snorkeler to panic and can result in drowning
Our resort’s all inclusive Belize snorkeling packages vary in price depending on the time of year you want to travel, which accommodations you choose to stay in, and how many nights you’d like to stay at the resort.Click for Details