See Why This is One of Our Resort’s Most Popular Vacation Packages
Snorkeling in Belize is fantastic!
In fact, with unlimited access to the world’s second largest barrier reef only a few dozen yards from our resort’s pier, shallow reefs, high underwater visibility, and stunning underwater panoramas with some of the most diverse aquatic life in the world, snorkeling may be our resort’s single most popular activity.
Your Snorkeling Vacation Package Includes:
- Accommodations: air conditioned, oceanfront cabanas at Blackbird Caye Resort in Belize (price varies depending on the room type selected)
- All Inclusive: 3 meals daily
- Belize Snorkeling: 2 boat trips per day, except for arrival & departure days
- Airport Transfers: round trip ground & boat transfers between the resort & the airport in Belize City on Wednesdays & Saturdays (for travel on other days, a surcharge applies)
- Kayaking: free use of the resort’s kayaks
What to Expect
Turneffe Atoll is the largest and most biologically diverse of the four atolls found in the Caribbean and offers some of the best snorkeling in the world. The clear, shallow reefs around Blackbird Caye Resort provide easy access for snorkeling and are an excellent environment for beginners.
Here’s what you can expect from this all inclusive Belize Snorkeling Vacation Package:
- 2 Snorkeling Trips per Day: you’ll go on two guided snorkeling boat trips per day – one in the morning, leaving at 9:30 a.m., and one in the afternoon, leaving at 2:30 p.m. These excursions will be led by our resort’s experienced and qualified snorkeling staff.
1 Hour per Snorkel: each snorkeling trip will be approximately 60 minutes. We’ll return to the resort in between morning and afternoon snorkels for a break and some lunch.
Snorkel Sites: snorkeling is done as long as the weather permits, and some of the popular Belize snorkeling spots you will visit by boat include:
- Soldier Caye
- Fisherman’s Cut
- The Forrest
- Coral Canyons
- The Aquarium
- Starfish Special
- …and much more!
- Sea Life: one of the world’s largest populations of manatees resides in this region…not to mention a rich tapestry of vivid corals, mangrove forests, and coastal wetlands. Snapper, angelfish, parrotfish, rays, and endless varieties of coral are just some of the aquatic wildlife you can expect to see.
- Equipment Rentals: snorkeling equipment is not included in the package price but can be rented at our resort’s Dive Center for an extra cost if you don’t wish to bring your own.
- Safety First, Always: we only allow supervised snorkeling at the resort. Because Turneffe Atoll is the largest Atoll in Belize, those who don’t know how to navigate it run the risk of putting themselves and others in danger. For example:
- Belize’s largest American saltwater crocodile population lives on the Atoll
- Inexperienced snorkelers can damage the coral without realizing it
- Sudden changes in the ocean’s depth can cause a snorkeler to panic and can result in drowning
Snorkel Package Price: from $1,185 US
Our resort’s all inclusive Belize snorkeling packages vary in price depending on the time of year you want to travel, which accommodations you choose to stay in, and how many nights you’d like to stay at the resort.
- Children aged 0-6 stay for free
- Children aged 7-12 pay 50% of package rates
- Children 13+ pay full price
- Group rates are available for 10+ people
- Single supplements are an additional 30% of package rates
Optional Add-On: Blue Hole Snorkeling Excursion
As one of the closest resorts in Belize to the world-famous Blue Hole, we do offer a full-day snorkeling/diving excursion to the Blue Hole, available at an additional cost.
As part of this excursion, we’ll lunch at Half Moon Caye Natural Monument, where you can see nurse sharks and myriads of brightly-colored reef fish. Swim out a little further and you might see turtles, spotted eagle rays, seahorses, squid, and moray eels.
- Blue Hole Price: $200.00 US per person + $40.00 US per person for the Marine Reserve Fee
- Blue Hole Schedule: this excursion is regularly scheduled on Tuesdays (in combination with dive trips), but may be rescheduled for Thursdays depending on weather conditions.
- Minimums Apply: a minimum of 6 guests are required for this excursion.
- Click Here for More Information About the Blue Hole Snorkeling Trip
Snorkel Package Terms & Conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, prices are per person, in US dollars, based on double occupancy; single supplements apply
- Unused portions of accommodations, meals, and/or activities are non-refundable
- Accommodations are subject to availability
- No snorkel trips are provided on arrival & departure days
- Snorkeling equipment is not included in the package price – please stop by our resort’s Dive Center for rentals
- Only supervised snorkeling is permitted at Blackbird Caye Resort
- Snorkeling excursions leave twice daily, weather permitting
- All boat itineraries are weather and conditions permitting, at the Captain’s discretion
- Resort tax of $4.50 per person, per night is not included
- Ground and boat transfers to and from the airport are included on Wednesdays and Saturdays only; arrival and departure on other days can be arranged at an extra cost
- All inclusive does not include bar drinks or items from the bar and grill menu
- Gratuities are not included
- Full payment is required 30 days after booking
- Cancellations made up to 90 days prior to arrival receive a full refund less a $200 per person cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 89-60 days prior will forfeit deposit
- Cancellations made 59-31 days prior will forfeit 50% of funds paid
- Cancellations made within 30 days or less receive no refund
- During peak seasons or holidays, other conditions may apply
Other Things You Should Know
- Blackbird Caye Resort and its properties and Blackbird CDR will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to personal equipment or property during your stay with us or during your participation in our activities.
- We will not accept responsibility for any delay, additional expense, or inconvenience which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside our control, such as late arrival of flights, severe weather, acts of God, acts of government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment.
- We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking to protect you and all those accompanying you for the full time of your visit against illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellations, hurricanes, airline delays, and other travel contingencies.