Daily Kayaking Tours of Belize’s Biggest & Most Diverse Atoll
Imagine paddling through shallow, protected waters, exploring endless mangrove covered islands and picturesque turquoise lagoons with shallow reefs that give you a peek at the world’s second largest Barrier Reef.
Kayaking is available in many parts of Belize, but Turneffe Atoll is particularly suited to unforgettable sea kayaking adventures, and our resort’s all inclusive Kayaking Vacation Package is designed to introduce novice kayakers, as well as advanced paddlers, to the beauty and ecological diversity of Belize’s Turneffe Atoll.
With a well-developed reef encircling the entire island chain, Turneffe has the highest biodiversity in the entire Caribbean. Over 25 species of birds are found on Blackbird Caye alone, and the surrounding habitat serves as a feeding and resting area for dolphins. Coral gardens are found in the protected waters within the Atoll, within easy paddling distance of the resort and also visible from above the surface.
Your Kayaking Vacation Package Includes:
- Accommodations: air conditioned, oceanfront cabanas at Blackbird Caye Resort in Belize (price varies depending on the room type selected)
- All Inclusive: 3 daily meals at the resort
- Belize Kayaking: 2 guided sea kayaking trips per day, with light snacks
- Airport Transfers: round trip boat & ground transfers between our all inclusive resort & the airport in Belize City on Wednesdays & Saturdays (for travel on other days, a surcharge applies)
- Kayaks: free use of our resort’s kayaks, just in case you don’t get enough kayaking time during your guided trips
What to Expect
Here’s what else you can expect from this all inclusive vacation package:
- 2 Kayaking Trips Per Day: each day of kayaking will include a guided morning and afternoon paddle to different parts of the Atoll for snorkeling and exploration. These kayak trips are scheduled on-island and each trip is 1 hour. Towards the end of the week, a full day paddle in the northern part of the Atoll will be capped off by a special picnic on an uninhabited island.
- Kayaks We Use: we mainly use Necky ocean kayaks for our kayaking tours. Double kayaks will be provided, and limited single kayaks are also available on a first request basis.
- Guides: each Belize kayaking tour will be led by one of our resort’s experienced sea kayaking guides.
- What You’ll See: you’ll explore mangrove creeks, coral gardens, and uninhabited cayes. Look for some of the Atoll’s resident dolphins, manatees, and whales.
- No Experience Necessary: no previous kayaking experience is necessary to participate in these kayaking trips. The protected, shallow waters of Turneffe are an ideal area for our adventures.
Kayaking Package Price: from $2,070 US
Our resort’s all inclusive Belize kayaking vacation packages are only available on stays of 7 nights.
Rates vary depending on the time of year you want to travel and which accommodations you choose to stay in.
- Children aged 0-6 stay for free
- Children aged 7-12 pay 50% of package rates
- Children 13+ pay full price
- Group rates are available for 10+ people
- Single supplements are an additional 30% of package rates
Optional Add-On: Blue Hole Excursion
Blackbird Caye Resort is one of the closest resorts to Belize’s famed Blue Hole, which attracts divers and snorkelers from around the world.
On Tuesdays, you can choose to join other resort guests on an optional, non-kayak day trip to Lighthouse Reef and the Blue Hole for snorkeling and bird watching.
The tour includes a stop for lunch at Half Moon Caye Natural Monument, where you can snorkel to see nurse sharks and myriads of brightly-colored reef fish. If you swim out a little further, you might see turtles, spotted eagle rays, seahorses, squid, and moray eels.
- Blue Hole Price: $200.00 US per person + $40.00 US per person for the Marine Reserve Fee
- Blue Hole Schedule: we offer this trip once weekly, typically on Tuesdays (weather permitting), but may reschedule for Thursdays depending on weather conditions.
- Minimums Apply: a minimum of 6 guests are required for this excursion.
- Click Here for More Information About this Trip
Kayaking Package Terms & Conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, prices are per person, in US dollars, based on double occupancy; single supplements apply
- Unused portions of accommodations, meals, and/or activities are non-refundable
- Accommodations are subject to availability
- No kayaking tours on arrival & departure days
- Kayak tours leave twice daily and include a light snack
- All boat itineraries are weather and conditions permitting, at our discretion
- Due to safety reasons, snorkeling off the kayaks is not allowed
- Kayaks are never to be used in the back of the resort, where swimming is prohibited
- Resort tax of $4.50 per person, per night is not included
- Ground and boat transfers to and from the airport are included on Wednesdays and Saturdays only; arrival and departure on other days can be arranged at an extra cost
- All inclusive does not include bar drinks or items from the bar and grill menu
- Gratuities are not included
- Full payment is required 30 days after booking
- Cancellations made up to 90 days prior to arrival receive a full refund less a $200 per person cancellation fee
- Cancellations made 89-60 days prior will forfeit deposit
- Cancellations made 59-31 days prior will forfeit 50% of funds paid
- Cancellations made within 30 days or less receive no refund
- During peak seasons or holidays, other conditions may apply
Other Things You Should Know
- Blackbird Caye Resort and its properties and Blackbird CDR will not be responsible for any loss of or damage to personal equipment or property during your stay with us or during your participation in our activities.
- We will not accept responsibility for any delay, additional expense, or inconvenience which may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside our control, such as late arrival of flights, severe weather, acts of God, acts of government, or the failure of any machinery or equipment.
- We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking to protect you and all those accompanying you for the full time of your visit against illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellations, hurricanes, airline delays, and other travel contingencies.